Sunday, January 4, 2015

Gonna Start Rocking Out On My Workouts

Now that I am trying to get into a regular workout routine, I find that need to come up with some ways to not only motivate me to actually do them each day, but to really power through each one. Sure, sometimes just getting started is the real struggle that we have to deal with. But other times, I find that even though I can get started, I still want to quit before I put in my allotted time.

So, I was looking online for ways that I might be able to kind of trick myself into working out when I did not want to. Yeah, it's sad, I know. But anyways, when I was searching for some answers on that I ended up reading about cranking up the tunes while you workout, which has not been something that I regularly do.

Apparently, some recent studies suggest that listening to some music while you work out is a good thing for those fitness sessions.They also learned that the beat of the music also affects your workouts, so you should listen to things with a fast tempo in order to really hustle it when you are sweating it out. This way, you end up pushing yourself a little bit harder which results in more of a workout for your body. And it has the added bonus of making the time seem like it is going faster, or so a few other bloggers have mentioned. That is a double bonus to me, a win-win right there. So, that is pretty nifty if you ask me.

Now I gotta find myself some good music to listen to with a rocking beat so that I can really power through my sessions and hopefully not dread and hate it as much. I really do want to make it a habit and I am hoping that this is the answer that I have been looking for. Got any music suggestions for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment