Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Making The Slow Progress

Sometimes, it can be difficult to keep on moving towards your goals and taking action that you hope gets you where you want to be in terms of those goals. That happens a lot with weight loss or when you are just trying to get fit. In fact, I think those times in the past when I have been on a diet and hit a plateau or when things have been moving a long too slowly, well that is what has discouraged me and resulted in me giving up.

But here is the thing- I totally get that now. And yeah, it is very exciting and motivating when you first start out trying to lose that weight and get some pounds off cause you immediately lose a lot of it the first week or two. That is great. Then things start slowing down and you are not losing as much each week. And even though you know that it is healthiest to lose only half to one pound a week, you still feel like a failure and wish that you were doing better. Am I right about it?

Well, I think for me, that is a little worse this time around since I started this and was feeling like I needed to update it very regularly. That is why I have stopped doing that already. It is not very motivating to write that you progress has slowed down to a crawl. Right?

So, from now on I will be updating this less than I started with. And, I know that the slow and steady pace is where i need to be in terms of getting those pounds off in a way that is healthy and will actually stick this time around.

That is because i am in this for the long haul! Yeah! So, here's to all of us on the slow progress plan. Cause slow progress is better than no progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment