Saturday, January 3, 2015

Switching To Brown Rice

There have been a lot of studies done on brown rice vs white rice, and results reported that show brown rice as the better choice for your health. One study even showed that it reduced diabetes risks! Knowing about all these health benefits, I decided that it was time for me to switch to brown rice for my health.

You see, I eat rice with a lot of meals because I eat a lot of stri-fry type meals at home. And rice is usually the staple of those meals. You could say that I really love me some white rice with my meals. Welp, that love affair is coming to a screeching halt.

From here on out, it will be brown rice for my health.... except for those times when I go to an Indian restaurant and brown rice is not an option. Hooray....I mean, darn :) But seriously, I really do want to make this change for my health so I am going to do it and stick with it unless I just cannot get brown rice at a meal.

It is not that I do not like brown rice, it is just that I do not like it nearly as much as white rice. I know, this is not really anything new since most people share the same thoughts with me. But,  my point is that it will definitely be a bit of a challenge for me. When you eat as much white rice as I do, then it is definitely a major change to your eating habits.

Hopefully though, after a few weeks of the new brown rice substitution it will become a habit that no longer feels like I am missing out on yummy white rice. But, even if it does feel that way I plan to stick with it for my health. Have you had to make a change like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment