Friday, January 2, 2015

Weighing In - How Often Do You Do It?

One thing that I have struggled with in the past is fretting too much about what the digital scale in the bathroom is telling me. Yup, I am the person who (in the past) gets on the scale not only every day but at different times during the same day! I know, it is insane and almost an addiction. On a side note though, I will say that it is pretty interesting to see how different things that you eat can stay with you for hours while other things seem to go right on through your body. I wish I could say that learning things like that was why I did it.

Alas, that is not the reason. You see, in the past I have always been a bit obsessed about reaching certain numbers by certain dates. But that is all going to change this time around.

Yes, there is a certain number of pounds that I am aiming to lose. However, if along the way I get my body fit and toned up at a different weight - and I am happy with that - then I will be changing that number. You see, I am not really focusing on weighing a certain amount or fitting into a certain size any longer. Instead, I want to look and feel - and BE - healthy.

Will I still weigh myself at home? Sure, I plan on doing that but not on a daily basis and certainly not multiple times in a single day. I think that it will be healthier for me - thought wise - to only weigh myself once a week. Probably on the same day of the week - and in the morning before I eat anything to get the most accurate view.

But I am not just stopping there. I bought myself a little measuring tape, like hte kind that you use for sewing. And I will use it for things like measuring around my waist and hips. The way that I see it, this is where I will see the real progress since I plan on adding in some workouts for my day to day routine. I figure that this will not only help me lose weight in a healthier manner, but it will also get my body into better shape. Plus, you always here that exercise helps your emotional status and I am all for that!

So, here's to ditching that old habit of weighing myself all the damn time and worrying about those numbers on the scale. No more for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment